Here are some of the physical symptoms that can be experienced:
- Sudden waves of mild or intense body heat known as hot flashes.
- Hot flashes that occur at night with profuse sweating.
- Broken sleep or restlessness while sleeping. An unpredictable menstrual cycle.
- There is ultimately a decreased in bone density due to a decrease in hormones.
- Osteoporosis becomes an issue.
Sexual symptoms :
- Due to the drying out of mucous membranes, vaginal dryness and thinning of the vaginal wall membranes can be experienced leading to discomfort during intercourse.
Emotional symptoms may include:
- Increased volatility and mood changes
- Increased anxiety
- Problems with memory and concentration.