My background and credentials
I was born Sally June Tarlton in the 1950’s in Johannesburg and got a B.Sc and Honours degree in Dietetics from Stellenbosch University. Later I studied at Pretoria University for a Diploma in Hospital Dietetics.
On graduating from these various courses, I worked for multinationals including Nestle’.
Feeling the need to broaden my understanding of optimum wellness, I then studied under Dr Ivy Rautenbach MD who, in the 1980’s, was pioneering the orthomolecular approach to healing disease in South Africa. Here began my journey into cellular equillibrium through supplementation with vitamins and minerals.
For the past 35 years I have been a dietitian nutritionist in private practice and have encorporated this integrative approach into my work.
While running my practice I have:
- Lectured second and third year students of the Physical Education and Exercise Department at Wits University.
- Given seminars at schools on blood sugar, bulimia, anorexia and ADHD.
- Given presentations to corporates on stress management and optimum health.
- Talked to personal trainers at Virgin Active.
- Participated as a consultant dietitian on 702 and Metro FM.
- Run workshops on health using a multifaceted approach.
- Published articles in Your Family and Performance Pro magazines.
- Scientifically created the Sally T. range of vitamins and minerals to compliment my
- method of treatment with food and lifestyle changes.
- Formulated a unique meal replacement drink
Constantly researching optimum nutrition.
Hiking, cycling, scuba-diving, water sports, tennis, reading, gardening, dog training, cooking, entertaining, beekeeping, 4 x 4 holidays.